Are you making environmentally conscious developments in the hostel?
Yes, we're continuing to make positive eco choices for our hostel, there's still more we can do - but we've made a good start:-
- We're using separate bins for recycling paper / cardboard, plastic, glass and cans.
- In our office we're re-using paper and envelopes as note books and jotters.
- We're reducing how much paper we require, now using email to communicate with our customers and suppliers wherever possible.
- Our toilets now all have a low flush option.
- We're using low energy light bulbs in every fitting.
- Our walls and roofing are cosy and snug with insulated plaster board and triple level loft insulation.
- We benefit in using energy efficient condensing boilers.
- All our cleaning and washing agents are purchased from Ecover, a product range made from sustainable plant and mineral ingredients, designed for the absolute minimum effect on the environment.
Do you have an ethical policy?
Yes, where possible and with every effort we:-
- Order our whole food products and fair trade products from Good Food and our local fair trade shop Kingdom Kraft.
- Support our local farmers by purchasing our sausages, bacon, etc from our award winning local butchers.
- Source our new furniture, bed linen, carpets, etc from local British business.